Science Confirms That Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs
Turmeric or Curcumin is a wonder herb and it has many health benefits. It’s bright orange, bitter and powerful.Turmeric is the vibrant ingredient that gives curry it’s memorable hue. If you’ve tried Indian cuisine, you’ve likely tasted it and loved it.
This predominant spice is used generously in nearly all Indian meals. Perhaps that’s why India has among the lowest rates of lung,colon, prostate & breast cancer, Curcumin, the active agent in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda, the Ancient form of Indian Medicine for thousands of years and Western Science is catching on. Turmeric has matched and outperformed many modern medicines.
This potent spice is packed with anti-inflammatories and anti-oxidants. Turmeric has been proven to fight free radicals, rejuvenate the cells, cleanse the liver, protect the heart, boosts moods and support the brain.
Sound too good to be true? There’s more. Turmeric has been shown to lift levels of norepinephrine, dopamine and serotonin. With a stronger cocktail of these neuro-chemicals we’re all a little happier.
Turmeric has ten neuro-protective actions that support better memory, focus and cognition. This multifunctional spice is also used to regulate fat metabolism, alleviate IBS, regulate bile flow, reduce joint pain and bring luster to the skin.
Turmeric or Haldi as they call it in Hindi is revered for it’s spiritual significance. Often referred to as The Golden Spice or The Spice of Life, turmeric is a common accessory in wedding rituals and prayer ceremonies. Originally the spice was used in rites and rituals intended to promote fertility, prosperity and spiritual purification.
Turmeric is incredibly purifying. As a sure source of anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial extracts, this spice can help you fight infections and boost immunity. Dense in vitamins and minerals this magical spice promotes overall well being.
Health Benefits of using Turmeric
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent.Application of Turmeric paste is useful in cuts and burns.
2. When it is cooked with cauliflower it works as preventive against prostrate cancer.
3. Adding this to food will help in prevent breast cancer.
4. Reduces the risks of childhood leukemia.
5. It has proprieties that can prevent melanoma and can kill existing melanoma cells to die.
6. It prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer diseases by removing amyloyd plaque build up in brain.
7. It detoxify liver.
8. It slows the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
9. It helps in inducing metabolism and reducing fat.
10. It has anti-inflammatory properties so it useful in treating arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.